Moving long distances in New York or across the country requires intense planning and certified movers. Finding long distance movers in NYC can be a bit tricky. The dynamics of NYC are totally different from any other city in the world. It’s hustling and super busy 24/7. So it gets difficult to decide what to look for in Long Distance Movers in NYC. You can’t decide how far in advance should you hire the moving company in NYC or how much should you pay.
New York City is a concrete jungle with high rise buildings and enormous traffic. In such situations, you need to hire only the Best Long Distance Movers in NYC for a hassle-free move. Pro movers will help you navigate through busy neighborhoods(Midtown Manhattan or Brooklyn) like a fish.
Also working with the best long distance movers in NYC will save you from additional charges during the move as they will guide you thoroughly on how to surpass unnecessary tolls and taxes. So here’s your ultimate guide to finding professional New York long distance movers:
Plan your Expenses and Budget Before Hiring Long Distance Movers in NYC:
When we say hire the right long distance movers we mean a moving company that aligns with your needs and budget. When you plan to hire Long Distance Movers in NYC, plan your budget beforehand.
The two major expenses one can expect are the cost of moving your belongings and moving yourself and your family. These are some of the factors you need to consider while planning your budget:
- Cost of airline tickets, hotels and other travel-related expenses.
- Cost of pet transportation if you are not travelling by road
- Movers charge double while moving in peak seasons. Plan your move in off-peak seasons to cut your cost by half.
- Moving mid-month can also be an economical option
- Do your research on the services moving companies provide. If you think you do not need all of the services then do not buy the full services package.
- Packing can consume a big chunk of your budget sometimes. It is better to pack light and buy new things on arrival in your new house.
Find the Best Moving Company:
Now that you have planned your budget it’s time to find the best long distance movers in NYC. This is the stage when you have a rough plan and estimate for your move. You will get a full plan and quote once you discuss your requirements with the Moving Company.
You must be wondering where can you find the movers? Here’s how you can go about the task:
- Ask for a friends recommendation
- Find a broker to connect you with long-distance moving companies in NYC. The broker will connect you to companies with different quotes and compliances.
- Find on local review platforms like YELP.
- Randomly browse on the internet and connect through email or phone.
The cross country moves in America are usually for a distance of 1225 miles(AMSA). The quote that these long-distance moving companies provide usually depends on your inventory and the distance to be travelled. Always ask for an in-person and detailed survey of your inventory by the company. This way you will get a customized quote as per your budget.
Questions to Ask Your Long-Distance Moving Company in NYC:
There is no place like New York in the world. While moving across the city you can only expect hustling streets and challenges at every step. This will not only leave you frustrated but sometimes will make you change your mind. Therefore we will recommend you to do thorough research on New York long distance movers. Here are some of the questions you need to ask a company before hiring:
- Do you really know the dynamics of New York City?
- Their years of experience in the moving industry
- Ask if they offer special or tailored services
- Check if they have stellar reviews
- Are they licensed and insured with NYC DOT?
- How experienced is your crew? Do you thoroughly check their background before hiring?
- Ask if they have any hidden charges.
- How do you maneuver the packed streets of the city?
- Do you follow the rules and regulations of NYC?
These questions will give you a thorough insight into how does the long-distance movers in NYC work. Moreover, most people ask “Is it mandatory to tip the movers?” or “ How should one tip the movers? “It is not mandatory to tip the movers. If someone asks for it by force you are not legally bound to pay it.
However, if you are satisfied with the service so there is no harm in tipping the workers. The industry standard in New York City is to tip 15-20% of the total moving bill, or $20-100 per mover, assuming it was a job well done.
Now you know how to find the best long distance movers in NYC. If you are looking for a company that has all the qualities mentioned above, you need not worry. Braha Moving’s will provide you with the best long distance moving services. Reach out to us today and get your quote.